Monday, September 3, 2012

Our daughter..she looked beautiful!

Its Monday, Labor Day, the Feastday of St. Gregory the Great, and my birthday. :)  I am surrounded in my home this morning by Danny, Teresa, Crista, Shane, and David, Teresa's fiance because it is a holiday from the workday world! 

I have been treated to a fresh shower, warm cup of coffee, birthday greetings, and a homemade breakfast by Teresa and David, with a bit of a piano serenade, by Shane.  Crista has made me laugh and knowing my husband got to sleep in late, actually made
me happy too. He is now doing some laundry!  Wow.  How sweeeet!

NOW, back to the heading of my post here..ha..ha..just got off track. Its my own personal version of adhd, I think..in small letters. 

Sooo, yesterday, Teresa, Crista, Maria, my sister Shirley, a couple of Teresa's bridesmaids, Cari and Stephanie, and myself, all went to David's Bridal to watch Teresa try on several wedding gowns.  It was so fun having everyone together.  There was only one missing bridesmaid as Morgan just had her own wedding and only recently returned from she and her husband's honeymoon.  They reside in Cinncinati, so Teresa didn't expect her to come up. 

I thought Teresa looked very pretty in each gown she chose, however, everyone agreed
that the second one, was "Teresa's gown."  She looked beautiful!  I won't place a photo
up, although we took some, because I am not sure she would be okay with that.  It is precious with gentle flowing lace and just a light spray of sparkle pearl type tiny beading in places. There is a reasonable length flowing train, yet not too much..just right.  The veil a is pretty delicate lace and I really can't quite describe it other than..lovely..just lovely.  She said.."I feel like a bride in this!"  So, with little
left to say, this was the gown she chose and was glad to see her happy. 
We embraced and both had those tears well up...the kind words cannot explain.

Back to today's reality...ha..I need to get motivated here..its just odd having all
of these folks "serving" me.  Really strange.  I think we'll forego lunch since the plan
is to go out to dinner later.  I am thinking some Cracker Barrel type family get together..there everyone can find something they like and we can be loud and
obnoxious like we are quite used to being ...you know so silly!

Hope you all are with your family and just hanging out..my wishes for your day!
Love, Suz

1 comment:

  1. I hope your birthday was just wonderful. Sounds like it started that way. And you have the same birthday as my mom.

    ReplyDelete